Faculty Learning Community Participation Grant
GRANT AT A GLANCE
- Amount: Funding will cover the cost of books, materials, other resources, and light refreshments at the meetings.
- Purpose: For faculty interested in joining a Faculty Learning Community focused on a topic of significance to faculty.
- Eligibility: All faculty: full- or part-time.
- Application Timing: Applications will be accepted up to a week into the semester in which the FLC will begin or until groups are full.
Note: Faculty who are interested in facilitating a Faculty Learning Community are invited to contact Kathryn Stieler (firstname.lastname@example.org), Pew FTLC Grants Coordinator, prior to the semester of proposed activity.
Faculty Learning Community Participation Grants support faculty in engaging in an active, collaborative conversation and curriculum focused on a teaching and learning related topic of special interest or significance to faculty. Faculty Learning Community participants meet regularly throughout the semester and work together to apply the knowledge gained.
The grant will cover the cost of books, materials, and other resources for each participant as well as light refreshments at the meetings. Participants are expected to attend the majority of the scheduled meetings and submit a Final Report.
All faculty, full- or part-time, are eligible to apply. (Note: GVSU staff may participate with supervisor approval.)
Once you have completed your application and it has been approved by the Pew FTLC, you will be contacted by the facilitator of the Faculty Learning Community with additional details about the community.
Final Report Instructions:
Each applicant who is awarded a Faculty Learning Community Participation Grant will be responsible for submitting a Final Report via the online system within 30 days of the final meeting. The Pew FTLC will send out an automatic reminder e-mail for your convenience. The Final Report will ask for you to summarize the following (500 word limit):
- What tools, skills, knowledge and/or professional connections did you gain by attending the Faculty Learning Community?
- How have you/will you continue to implement what you have learned into the classroom?
To submit a Final Report, click on "Final Report" under "Application Details" within the FTLC Grant System.