1. AAC&U Greater Expectations Institute, Summer 2004
A Grand Valley team attended this institute to provide a focus to act on the results of our research. The proposal for the institute summarizes the initiative's perspective at that point. It was then called "Aligning Student and Faculty Expectations."
To view this proposal, click here.
2. Intergroup Dialogue Report, Fall 2005
In order to build support for the newly named CLE Initiative, the AAC&U team decided to hold a series of Intergroup Dialogues among three constituent groups: faculty, staff, and students. A total of 55 faculty, 59 students, and 47 staff participated. The groups made the following recommendations:
- Clear, consistent communication regarding liberal education and expectations must occur throughout the university.
- The learning environment at Grand Valley must be characterized by high expectations.
- There must be a greater emphasis on learning.
- Intercultural awareness must be integrated into the fabric of the institution.
- The importance of liberal education and high expectations must be fostered through ongoing dialogue.
For the full report, click here.
Page last modified September 7, 2010