What's New at FOBI?
1. FOBI is in the process of conducting a strategic planning process to re-vision FOBI. We are considering expanding the mission to include advocacy for family owned businesses. This process will include a study to look at the economic impact of family businesses in West Michigan.
2. We are in discussions to form a collaborative relationship with Lancaster University School of Management in the United Kingdom. Lancaster is ranked in the top 1% of business schools and is triple accredited. We hope to have some of their doctoral students reside here and conduct research on family owned businesses in West Michigan.
3. FOBI will be inducting two new members to the Family Business Hall of Fame. We also hope to add awards for other family owned businesses.
4. We also are exploring expanding the curriculum for family owned business and creating a Certificate in Family Owned Business.
5. FOBI also is exploring ways to provide ongoing educational opportunities for family owned businesses.
Please contact us and share your ideas. Our mission is to promote, preserve, influence, and impact family businesses through quality academic research, curriculum, and information services. Our goal is to create a world-class institute that is bold and innovative in meeting this mission.
Page last modified April 23, 2014