Instructions for Accepting Award Online
The first time you log into the myBanner system you will have to create your PIN. The instructions below walk you through this process.
- Login to myBanner by going to www.gvsu.edu and select "Current Students" and then "myBanner"
- Enter your Banner User ID (the G-number sent to you by the Admissions office). Note: If you no longer have your G-number, contact the Financial Aid Office
- Enter your Banner PIN
A Personal Identification Number (PIN) is required to sign on to myBanner. The PIN defaults to your birthdate formatted as mmddyy, where leading zeros are required and the year is the last two digits of the year. Please do not enter slashes or dashes. For example, if your birthday is August 5 of 1940, your default PIN would be 080540.
Once you have logged in follow the steps below to view and accept your award offer:
- Select "Financial Aid"
- Then select "Award"
- Next select "Award for Aid Year"
- Click the drop down arrow and select "2013-2014" for fall/winter semesters
- Click on the tab "Accept Award Offer"
Now your award is displayed on the screen. You only need to accept the aid with a drop down arrow next to it. All forms of gift aid are accepted on your behalf. Once you have accepted the aid you want click "Submit Decision" at the bottom of the screen.
Page last modified June 4, 2013