NEW for ACADEMIC YEAR 2016-2017: The Senior Thesis/Project class will only be offered in Winter 2017 semester. This course is no longer offered in the Fall semester.
The Senior Thesis/Project Seminar class (CFV 498) is limited to students with a Senior standing and permission of instructor. Students must complete a proposal and detailed timeline (see specifics below) and submit it to the instructor prior to registration. A permit is required for registration.
Winter 2018 - Anal Shah
All work will go through proposal (including a timeline), draft and revision process. All work will have self-critique as well as peer and instructor critique.
The seminar is limited to 15 students per semester. Junior standing and permission of instructor required. No incompletes will be given.
- develop a thesis paper, script, film or video project that demonstrates depth and
- develop planning and implementation skills
- develop skills in critiquing production and written work and works-in-progress
- to consider current ethical issues facing our fields
- to develop networking opportunities with professionals in the chosen area of emphasis
- to develop interviewing and other related employment seeking skills
- Individual* projects must adhere to the following length parameters:
- Video or Film projects: Maximum of 12 minutes in length, must screen in end-of-semester showcase
- Animation: Maximum of 5 minutes in Length - must screen in end-of-semester showcase
- Script: Maximum 30 pages in length and must be a complete script
- Thesis: 20-25 pages in length
- New Media (Website, projection mapping, interactive video, etc.) approved by instructor- must display at end-of-semester showcase* Collaborative projects are possible. Consult with the instructor in advance if you are
interested in proposing a collaborative senior project.
1. Describe your proposed project.
2. Provide a detailed draft of proposed production timeline.
3. What is your background and experience: what has given you the skills and
grounding to succeed at this project?
4. What is your biggest challenge in undertaking this project?
5. Include a list of equipment and facilities needed to complete the project.
It is recommended that you meet with the faculty member and others to get feedback on your proposal.