Frequently Asked Questions About Student Employment at the Rec Center or the Kelly Family Sports Center
1. How do I apply for a job?
2. How many hours will I work in a week?
3. How much will I be paid?
4. Will I have to work school breaks, holidays, weekends, evenings, and early-morning shifts?
5. How long after I submit my application and resume should I expect to be contacted?
6. What is the working environment like?
7. What is the interview process like?
8. What type of training is required if I am hired?
9. Whom do I talk with if I have additional questions?
A. Applying for a job couldn't be easier. Simply click here and fill out the application accordingly.
A. Hours will vary according to people's needs and availability. Student staff, in accordance to GVSU policy, may work no more than 25 hours a week during the Fall and Winter semesters. Holiday and Spring/Summer semester hours may vary.
A. Starting amount will be $7.40 an hour. Click here to view the Student Employment website.
A. School breaks and holidays are by sign-up. Weekends, evenings and early-morning shifts, however, are scheduled for the duration of the semester.
A. Due to the large volume of applications, we only contact those we are interested in setting up an interview with.
A. Sociable, friendly, and focused on customer service.
A. If you are chosen for an interview, it will be 20-30 minutes with a Management staff person.
A. CPR is a must within a semester of your hire. We will train you on equipment and procedures and policies.
Page last modified September 25, 2012