Below are our general Facility Rules. Please adhere to the Posted Signage in our Work Out Areas for information specific to the particular locations.
GENERAL FACILITY RULES:
- The GVSU Fieldhouse/Recreation Center is a monitored facility. No access to facilities is granted without checking in at the Front Desk and presenting valid identification (A student ID , Faculty ID, or Membership ID).
- Users may not enter the facility under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances.
- Appropriate attire is required. This includes non-marking clean shoes. Shirts and workout gear is required. Swimwear is restricted to the locker rooms and swimming pool areas.
- Book bags and personal items are your responsibility. Please secure in a locker or cubby, provided at the facility. Do not bring valuable items into the facility.
- Any display of poor conduct, abusive language, fighting, or willful destruction of University property may result in loss of facility use privileges. If appropriate, other actions will be taken including disciplinary and legal action.
- Participants utilize all facilities "at your own risk".
- Parents, legal guardians, or a responsible person 16 and over must accompany youths under 14 years of age.
- Animals are prohibited, unless assisting others or in special circumstances approved by an authorized person.
- Smoking and tobacco substances are prohibited.
- Foods and beverages are permitted only in areas designated. They are not permitted in most activity areas. Exceptions would include bottled water.
- Any posting of materials must be approved by a facility authority.
- Bicycles, rollerblades, and skateboards are prohibited.
- Weapons of all types are prohibited.
- The Fieldhouse Recreation Center incorporates the entire Student Code of GVSU into its rules. All county, state, and federal laws currently in effect will apply as needed.
- The staff reserves the right to interpret and enforce policies and procedures in its best interests. Such interpretation will not likely be in writing.
- All personal trainers must be employed by Campus Recreation. GVSU Campus Recreation holds the exclusive right to all personal training in the facility. Any personal trainers not employed by GVSU Campus Recreation are not permitted to train clients in our facility. If we suspect that you are training clients in our facility you may be asked to leave or have your Recreation Center privileges revoked or suspended.
Page last modified October 16, 2012