GVSU Family Association
Resources for Parents of College Students
Interact with other GVSU families on the Family Association's Facebook page.
Visit College Parents of America for short, insightful articles that help explore many questions you may have.
College Parent Central also offers practical advice.
Pick up one of the following books that parents have told us they enjoyed:
- The Happiest Kid on Campus by Harlan Cohen and visit the website.
- Letting Go by Karen Levin Coburn and Madge Lawrence Treeger
- You're On Your Own - But I'm Here If You Need Me by Marjorie Savage
- The Empty Nest: 31 Parents Tell the Truth About Relationships, Love and Freedom After the Kids Fly the Coop by Karen Stabiner
Share one of these books with your son or daughter. They contain information and humor that apply for both of you:
- 1001 Things Every College Student Needs to Know: (Like Buying Your Books Before Exams Start) or 1001 Things Every Teen Should Know Before They Leave Home (Or Else They'll Come Back) - both by Harry H. Harrison, Jr.
- The Naked Roommate by Harlan Cohen
For more information, call our office at (616) 331-5709 or email email@example.com.
Page last modified April 12, 2011