Date and Time:
Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Student Professional Development Program Fall 2012
The Seidman College of Business Student Professional Development Program (SPDP) is designed to prepare students to successfully compete in the marketplace of the future. To accomplish this goal, we instill our students with the knowledge, confidence and business savvy needed to gain access to and function successfully in their chosen professions.
SPDP is open to all undergraduate students currently enrolled in business courses at GVSU. This program is designed to develop academic and employment career goals through attendance at selected events. Each semester SPDP offers opportunities for self-improvement and self-discovery.
Seidman Passport Program Fall 2012:
A vital part of the SPDP is the Passport experience. This component of professional development consists of specially selected seminars custom tailored to prepare students for today’s competitive work environment. Once students have filled their “passport” or completed the necessary requirements of attending three elective events, four required events and a mock interview, they will be given a certificate of completion acknowledging their commitment to self-improvement and professional development.
Passport Required Events:
During fall semester 2012, students may choose to attend from this list of events considered to be required events.
- Monday, September 17, 2012 – Study Abroad and International Internship Opportunities for Seidman Business Students, 6:00--7:30 p.m., University Club, DeVos Center, Downtown Grand Rapids Pew Campus.
- Thursday, October 4, 2012 – Intercultural Awareness Training, 6:00-7:30 p.m., room 2266, Kirkhof Center, Allendale Campus.
- Monday, October 22, 2012 - "Why and How our Moral Judgments Shape Success in Business," keynote speaker Chuck Saylor, 5:00 p.m., Charles W. Loosemore Auditorium, Richard M. DeVos Center.
- Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - When 'Cheating' isn't Wrong: Collaboration vs. Copying Ice Cream Social - 5:00-6:00 p.m., University Club, Richard M. DeVos Center
- Wednesday, October 24, 2012 – Barry Castro Lecture Series, 6:00-7:30 p.m., Loosemore Auditorium, DeVos Center, Downtown Grand Rapids Pew Campus. Sponsored by the Seidman Business Ethics Center and Seidman Dean’s Office.
- Thursday, October 25, 2012 - Student Code of Honor Luncheon, 11:30-1:00 p.m., University Club, Richard M. DeVos Center, (IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO ATTEND, PLEASE EMAIL (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Tuesday, November 13, 2012 – What DO Employers Want? 6:00-7:30 p.m., Loosemore Auditorium, DeVos Center, Downtown Grand Rapids Pew Campus. Co-sponsored with Seidman Business Ethics Center, Seidman Student Professional Development Program and GVSU Career Services.
- Monday, December 3, 2012 – Dining Etiquette 101: The Company Party, Networking and Beyond, 6:00-8:00 p.m., Alumni House, Allendale Campus, Seating is limited. Rsvp your attendance to email@example.com by Monday, November 26, 2012.
Passport Elective Events:
During fall semester 2012, students may choose to attend from this list of events considered to be elective events.
- Tuesday, September 25, 2012 – How to Find an Internship, 5:30-7:00 p.m., Room 2270 Kirkhof Center, Allendale Campus.
- Thursday, October 4, 2012 – What Can Career Services Do for Me? 5-6 p.m., Location TBD
- Friday, October 30, 2012 – Etiquette Dinner, Career Services, 6:00 p.m., Alumni House, Allendale Campus. Tickets available at the 20/20 desk of Kirkhof Center.
- Tuesday, November 6, 2012 – Careers in Banking, 5:30-7:00, Loosemore Auditorium, Downtown Grand Rapids Pew Campus.
Event reminders may be found in Connections, the Seidman Undergraduate Newsletter.
Are you professional developed?
Get professionally developed through the Seidman Student Professional Development Program
Robbi Osipoff firstname.lastname@example.org