It's On Us: R.A.D. Rape Aggression Defense Training
It's On Us
Date and TimeMonday, November 28, 2016
4:00 PM - 7:00 PM
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2204 PERE MARQUETTE
It is the intent of this three-hour introductory R.A.D. Awareness Seminar, taught to women only, to empower them through self-awareness and discussions about basic fundamentals of prevention and self-defense.
Participants will also be exposed to basic information about crimes that take place on campus, crime prevention methods, and basic self-defense techniques. The emphasis of this seminar will be on the crime of sexual assault.
The Rape Aggression Defense System is a program of realistic self-defense tactics and techniques for women. The R.A.D. System is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program. Our courses are taught by nationally certified R.A.D. Instructors and provide each student with a workbook/reference manual. The entire R.A.D. class can also be taught at GVSU and consists of at least 13 hours of instruction.
- To develop and enhance the options of self-defense, so they may become viable considerations to woman who is attacked
- Educate participants on risk awareness, risk prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance
- Introduce participants to the basics of hands-on defense training note, this is NOT a martial arts class
- Introduce participants to the local resources for sexual assault survivors
Pronouns| they, them, their
V.A.W.A. Graduate Assistant
Women’s Center | Grand Valley State University
1201 Kirkhof Center, 1 Campus Drive Allendale, MI 49401
- Inclusion/Social Justice
- Inclusion/Social Justice » Center for Women and Gender Equity
- Inclusion/Social Justice » Title IX