GVSU Blood Drive- Michigan Blood
Date and TimeMonday, September 17, 2012
10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
- Allendale- North Campus (Kleiner Commons)
Schedule an appointment by using the sponsor code “GVSU Allendale” at https://donate.miblood.org/portal/.
Donating blood is one of the best and easiest ways you can help save lives. You can choose when to donate, but people can’t choose when they need blood. When you donate at your convenience, you can save the life of someone who needs blood immediately and unexpectedly.
Facts about the Need for Blood
- Every two seconds, someone needs blood
- On average, one out of every 7 people entering the hospital will need blood.
- Blood banks often run short of type O and B blood.
- More than 4.5 million patients need life-saving blood transfusions each year in the U.S. and Canada
All info was obtained from the Michigan Blood website. Feel free to check it out for other great facts!
Community Service Learning Center firstname.lastname@example.org