Grant Writing Workshop-How To Find And Win Federal Grants
Date and TimeThursday, May 1, 2014
8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- DeVos Center
-Registration Required- Register on http://www.gvsu.edu/grants/
Gain the specialization you need to be a winner in the competitive private sector. Pare down the nation’s more than 5 million corporations and 80,000 foundations to those whose funding efforts match the objectives of your research or project.
This dynamic seminar will provide intensive instruction on how to tap into the $26 billion available in private grants. It will also provide step-by-step essentials for organizing and writing a successful foundation or corporate grant proposal.
• Strategies for dealing with block grants and new federal programs
• Methods for researching government grant opportunities using the internet
• Ways to develop more fundable ideas
• Information on making pre-proposal contact within the government
• Ideas on how to use advocates to make grant seeking more efficient
• Knowledge of what it takes to prepare a grant-winning government application
• A sample federal composite application
• A grants office time line
• A sample federal grant reviewing exercise
• A project planner to help develop budgets and cash forecasts
• A way to improve proposals before submission
• Many other handouts and worksheets aimed at winning government grants
These workshops are offered for GVSU Staff and Faculty- free of charge. All costs a covered by the GVSU- Office of Sponsored Programs.
• All Materials: books, handouts, etc.
• Continental breakfast
Grand Valley State University
Office of Sponsored Programs
401 W. Fulton, 321C DEV Grand Rapids, MI 49504
(616) 331-6826 fax (616) 331-6830