Fundraising for Small Nonprofits
Date and TimeThursday, February 9, 2012
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Johnson Center for Philanthropy, 201 Front Ave SW, 49504
February 9-10, 2012
Fundraising for Small Nonprofits: Strategies for Small Shops and Budgets
Presented by The Fund Raising School at Indiana University
You Will Learn How To:
- Build a convincing case for financial support,
- Select the donors and markets best suited for your nonprofit,
- Choose the right fundraising vehicles for your organization,
- Inspire the leadership potential of volunteers, and
- Create a fundraising process that works but is attainable with limited resources.
You Will Receive:
- A comprehensive, easy-to-use study guide with models for future reference,
- A chance to network with other professionals dealing with similar challenges,
- Hands-on experience in planning special events, and
- Interactive training on how to ask for support.
This course is facilitated by Kim Klein, who is an internationally known fundraising trainer and has worked in all aspects of fundraising: as staff, as volunteer, as board member, and as consultant. She is best known for adapting traditional fundraising techniques, particularly major donor campaigns, to the needs of organizations with small budgets working for social justice.
Kim is the author of five books including her most recent, Reliable Fundraising in Unreliable Times. Her classic text, Fundraising for Social Change, now in its fifth edition, is widely used in the field and in university degree programs. She also wrote Fundraising for the Long Haul, Ask and You Shall Receive, and Fundraising in Times of Crisis, which was a runner up for the Terry McAdam Book Award. She is featured in a fundraising video, "Ready, Set, Raise", produced by GIFT (Grassroots Institute for Fundraising Training), and is the author of the "Dear Kim" column in the enewsletter of GIFT, answering questions posed by readers.
Includes: Breakfast, lunch, light snack, and course materials
Please note this course is a two day event.
Register today using the Register button below. If you would like to pay by check or be invoiced for your registration fee, click on "Show other payment options" below the "Order Now" button and choose "Pay Offline".