From Violins to Vicunas: Industrious Indigenous Communities in the Andes
Date and TimeThursday, March 15, 2012
4:30 PM - 6:00 PM
- Cook DeWitt Center - Allendale Campus
"From Violins to Vicunas: Industrious Indigenous Communities in the Andes"
Dr. Veronica Salles-Reese, Associate Professor of Spanish at Georgetown University and the Director of Latin American Studies Certificate will be presenting the keynote address.
Her research focuses on Colonial Latin America, the Andean region, especially the daily life in colonial Peru, and cultural Hybridization. She is the author of From Viracocha to the Virgin of Copacabana: History of the Representation of the Sacred and the editor of numerous books including, Authors and Actors of the Colonial World: New Multidisciplinary Approaches and Remembering the Past, Retrieving the Future.
For more information, or special accommodations, please contact the Area Studies office, firstname.lastname@example.org or 331-8110.
Prof. Mayra Fortes and Prof. Jose Lara email@example.com
- Academic » Academic Calendar
- Academic » Academic Department Events
- Academic » Academic Department Events » Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Academic » Academic Department Events » CLAS - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Campus Life » Padnos International Center
- Inclusion/Social Justice » Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Student Life
- Student Life » Cultural