Date and TimeWednesday, September 5, 2012
10:00 AM - 1:30 PM
- Parking lot F
Allendale Campus - Parking Lot F
produce - music - butterflies - kettle corn - jerky - cheese - honey - blueberry - massages
Why buy local?
- Local foods are fresher and taste better!
- Local foods are seasonal - corn is best in August, not January.
- Local foods have less environmental impact. Less travel means less oil dependency; organic farming means less harmful chemicals and more sustainable farming practices.
- Local foods preserve green space and farmland. When you buy local you are supporting vendors' efforts to continue farming and preserve green space in Michigan.
- Local foods promote safety. The fewer hands that touch your food, the lesser the chance of contamination.
- Local foods promote the local economy. If each Michigan family spent $10 in a farmer's market, the economy would gain $37 million each year.
- Local foods create community. Knowing your food is coming from farms in West Michigan connects you with your neighbors who bring it to you.
Information provided by the Ada Village Farmers' Market, 2010