Excellence Series: Achieving Results Without Authority
Date and TimeThursday, September 20, 2012
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2215/2216
Faculty and Staff register at www.gvsu.edu/seminar
Workshop presented by Beverly Washington, Trainer
Gain the support and cooperation of others to increase your personal effectiveness.
Do you have lots of responsibility but little real authority? Here’s the truth: Like most people in today’s workplace, you probably don’t have the “position power” needed to accomplish what’s expected of you. What you are able to accomplish is directly related to your ability to build strong relationships, win cooperation, and exert influence on others up and down the organization. Succeeding in this demanding environment requires skills you didn’t learn in school. The good news is you can gain the abilities you need by attending this information-packed seminar.
This session includes discussion of the following:
· Strategies for achieving goals even if you don’t have position power
· Ways to build rapport that nurtures strong office relationships
· Discovering ways to get support and cooperation from managers and peers throughout the organization
· How to project confidence and competence without coming across as a know-it-all
· Identifying strengths and weaknesses in yourself and others
· Discovering ways to fine-tune your verbal and non-verbal communication skills
· How to eliminate behaviors that steal your personal power
· How to use conflict-resolution tools to build consensus on work teams
If you need special accommodations, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 616-331-2215.