Energy Climate Speaker Series: Jennifer Hill, The Climate Reality Project
Learn about the international scientific understanding of climate change; hear about the latest science and make up your own mind.
Date and TimeTuesday, December 10, 2013
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- Muskegon Innovation Hub
Presented by GVSU Michigan Alternative and Renewable Energy Center (MAREC) gvsu.edu/marec
Jennifer Hill, speaker with The Climate Reality Project and the first of four presenters in this series, will speak in Muskegon and Grand Rapids on evaluating climate change science and its implications for energy.
ABOUT THE PRESENTATION
There are so many claims out there--climate change does not exist, climate change does exist. Does our lifestyle contribute to climate change or not? Some say climate change is real, but not that bad. Others say that it is too late to act. What do you think?
Please join Jennifer Hill for a look at the most recent findings about climate change -- and what we can and cannot do about it. You will come away with a better understanding of the science, who the scientists are, and the tools to make up your own mind about the issues.
LOCATIONS - DECEMBER 10
6:00 - 7:00 pm: L. William Seidman Center, Charles W. Loosemore Forum (Rm 1008A), Pew Grand Rapids Campus, Grand Rapids MI | Please RSVP
12:00 - 1:00 pm: MAREC, 200 Viridian Dr., Muskegon MI |
BACKGROUND: JENNIFER HILL
A nonprofit and governmental consultant, Jennifer Hill has taught at the Seattle Science Center as well as national and state parks on the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. After earning a master's degree in planning from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, she helped found four citizen science programs and led a nationally recognized children’s health project. Ms. Hill is based in the greater Detroit area. Learn more about Jennifer Hill on LinkedIn.
- - - - - - - - - -
UPCOMING IN THE ENERGY CLIMATE SPEAKER SERIES
- January 14: Great Lakes Region Solar Update: Current Business Climate & Future Trends | Allen O'Shea, Contractors Building Supply
- February 11: Africa! The Next Renewable Energy Frontier | Dr. Erik Nordman, Grand Valley State University
- March 11: What in the World? Global Sustainable Energy Goals | Kim Walton, MAREC Program Director
These events will be offered in both Muskegon and Grand Rapids. For more information or to RSVP for these free presentations, please visit gvsu.edu/marec/calendar.
Please contact Kim Walton, MAREC program director, at 616-331-6907 or email@example.com.
- Academic » Academic Department Events
- Academic » Academic Department Events » Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- Academic » Academic Department Events » CLAS - College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Campus Life » Sustainability
- Student Life
- Student Life » Academic Organizations