Divorce Recovery Group
Date and TimeTuesday, April 19, 2011
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
- KC 0042
Meets every other Tuesday beginning Jan. 11th
Find help and healing for the hurt of separation and divorce
The GVSU Divorce Recovery group is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone. Join us every other Tuesday Noon – 1:00 pm in KC0042. Our next meeting is February 8th. Participants are encouraged to bring their lunch.
· Gain emotional support from people who understand your emotional stress.
· Learn how others are dealing with their children.
· Cope with the disappointment of parents and other family members.
· Gain encouragement to start over with new relationships.
· Understand and cope with financial burdens
· Share a few laughs! Humor can be the best medicine.
Facilitated by Marlene Kowalski-Braun and Vicki Makley, GVSU Women’s Center and by Sue Sloop, GVSU Work Life Connections. Please contact Sue Sloop for further information.
Other GVSU resources that may be of help:
- Encompass, GVSU’s employee assistance service, can provide 5 free counseling sessions for couples experiencing marital or relationship challenges, counseling through a divorce or separation and counseling for family dependents. Call 459-9180 to set up a confidential appointment.
- Work Place Options, part of GVSU’s employee assistance service, can help you find a lawyer in your area at a discounted rate. Simply call 1-800-952-3586 and press number 4.
- If you are experiencing financial difficulty, Work Place Options can arrange for you to have a one hour free consultation with a financial planner. Again, simply call 1-800-952-3586 and press number 4.
Register at www.gvsu.edu/seminar.