Grand Valley State University/Van Andel Global Trade Center presents...
Basics of NAFTA
In 2010, U.S. goods and services trade with NAFTA totaled $980 billion. Canada and Mexico are Michigan's top trading partners, accounting for 70% of Michigan's global trade.
It is critical for businesses buying or selling to/from Canada or Mexico to have a NAFTA compliance program. In each NAFTA country, Customs entities place the burden of certification proof on the exporters and importers of record. Fines and/or penalties for incorrect or false certifications may be assessed to one or both parties involved in the sale.
Join us for this full-day seminar to gain a clear understanding of NAFTA rules and regulations and best practices to implement a NAFTA program.
Topics covered include:
" NAFTA Definitions
" NAFTA Rules of Origin & Annex 401
" Preferential Criteria
" Regional Value Content Requirements
" Producer/Supplier Declarations
" How to complete the Certificate
" Country of Origin Markings
Who should attend?
- Import/Export Managers, Supervisors and Coordinators
- Trade Compliance Managers
- Senior Administrative, Operational, and Finance Executives
- International Planners and Purchasing Agents
- Legal/Contract Administrators
- International Traffic and Logistics Managers, Supervisors, and Coordinators
Member price: $175.00
Non-Member price: $300.00
Norma Roelfsema firstname.lastname@example.org