Sam Rhine Annual Genetics Update Seminar
Human Organ on a slide made from iPS stem cells
Date and TimeMonday, October 30, 2017
9:00 AM - 12:30 PM
- Kirkhof Center » RM 2250 GRAND RIVER ROOM
Sam's four-hour Genetic Update Conference is packed with the newest discoveries and applications in medical genetics and tissue engineering. It is designed for high school teachers and their students and is a dynamic presentation that can influence career decisions.
- Cancer Mutations: Oncogenes & Tumor Suppressors
- Cancer Stem Cells / Asymmetric Mitosis / Cell Cycle Control
- #1 Source of Human Cancer Causing Mutations is.....
- Inherited Predispositions? / Environmental Factors? / Copy Errors?
- CRISPR Update: gene editing in human embryos
Conference Details and Registration: Visit www.samrhine.com and click Schedule. All registrations are through this website.
Each school, with their pre-registration will receive an updated set of conference notes the week before the conference. Only those who pre-register will receive information regarding time changes, delays, postponements, cancellations etc.
- 8:30 to 9:00 – Check in and pay registration fees
- 9:00 – Conference begins
- 10:30 to 10:40 – Break
- 11:40 to 11:45 – Stretch Break
- 12:30 – Conference ends
FREE parking available in GVSU lot H only. Buses may pick-up and drop-off in Lot H, but will be required to park in the back section of Lot B for the duration of the lecture. Click here for the bus parking map.
Click here for a map of the GVSU Allendale campus.
GVSU students and faculty are welcome to attend, free of charge, as their schedules allow.
Follow Sam's weekly genetic updates on twitter: @samrhineguc
For questions, contact Kathy Agee at the GVSU Regional Math and Science Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 616.331.3031.