School of Engineering
September 24, 2014
ASME First General Meeting
"The Future Looks Bright" -Winter 2012 Project Day
April 19, 2012
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Location: Kennedy Hall of Engineering and Keller Laboratories
Agenda for Thursday, April 19:
10:00 AM – 10:30 AM: Arrive at Kennedy Hall of Engineering & packet pick-up
10:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Projects on display
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Lunch provided in Kennedy 124
12:00 PM: Displays complete / students dismissed
Buses pick students up at Kennedy Hall of Engineering
If you need any assistance, please call Student Services at (616) 331-6025
How to make the most of your time at Project Day
As you visit each project, make sure that you take the time to speak with the project presenters. They have all worked very hard in preparing the projects and would love to talk to you about them. Below you will find some suggested questions that you might want to ask.
1. What area of Engineering/Computing are you studying?
2. Why did you choose to enter the Engineering/Computing field?
3. Why did you choose Grand Valley’s program?
4. What part of this project did you find the most interesting/challenging and why?
5. I am interested in (fill in the blank). Which project would you recommend I look at?
6. How challenging has the Engineering/Computing program been for you?
7. How often are you required to utilize the facilities offered here at Grand Valley?
8. To what extent are math and science used within your discipline area?
9. Do you feel that Grand Valley has prepared you for going into the workforce? Why or why not?
There is no such thing as a dumb question!