School of Engineering
Scott M. Dykstra/ Oliver Products Company Scholarship
The Scott M. Dykstra Oliver Products Company Engineering Scholarship has been established in memory of School of Engineering alumnus Scott M. Dykstra. Scott completed his co-op at Oliver Products Company and worked for them following graduation. Oliver Products and Scott’s family desire to provide opportunities for other engineering students to achieve their education and a career in engineering.
This scholarship is available to both current students in the School of Engineering and to new students who have been admitted to Grand Valley State University for study in the School of Engineering.
To be eligible for this scholarship, a student must:
- be a current student or have applied for admission to GVSU prior to December 31,
- be enrolled as full-time, degree-seeking students in the School of Engineering,
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in high school (for entering freshmen) or in college if a current School of Engineering student or a transfer student,
- have an ACT composite score of at least 25 and an ACT math score of at least 27 (for entering freshmen),
- have completed at least 6 units of high school math and science courses (for entering freshmen).
Recipients will be selected by the Engineering Scholarship Committee from those students who meet the above qualifications and have been admitted to the University. Awards will be announced by the end of March. The scholarship is renewable for a maximum of eight semesters providing the recipient maintains the following level of scholarship:
- continues to be enrolled as a full-time student in the School of Engineering (renewal at a reduced rate may be possible for a student who changes to a part-time status),
- maintains a minimum cumulative 3.00 GPA, and
- successfully completes the engineering requirements for each academic year.
The Engineering Scholarship Committee will monitor each recipient’s progress and notify the Financial Aid Office of award renewal.
Due to the renewal of current recipients, this scholarship may not be available for award every year. You may contact the School of Engineering to enquire as to the award status.
Page last modified December 3, 2013