MEDIA SERVICES @ GVSU
A full range of media production and delivery services are available at GVSU. Depending on your needs, a number of different departments are available with varying capabilities that can provide you with assistance. In order to identify which services are best suited for your particular project, the following "Media Services Guidelines" should be taken into consideration when choosing a service provider. Please note that there may be fees associated with some services and some projects may be referred to an outside service provider.
Media Services Guidelines
- Do you need and/or have copyright clearance for the media request?
- Do you need to limit the media created for academic purposes or specific academic course?
- Is authorization required to access the media?
- Is the intent archival, instructional or promotional?
- Who is your intended audience?
- What unit is requesting the video be made (include VP, Dean, Department and individuals)?
- How long will the video be?
- Will the video be one continuous take or will it need to be edited?
- Will the video require more than one camera?
- Will the video require additional lighting?
- Will the video require narration?
- Will the video require more than one person to speak to the camera?
- Do you have permission to film in the location desired?
- Are there any public safety considerations (placement of equipment, road closures, etc.)?
- Do you need a photograph release form?
- What output is desired?
- GVSU Website
- What is the deadline for the video?
Media Production Services
COMMERCIAL OR OTHER PROJECT
NOTE: Click on "Tools and Databases" to find services for hire.
NOTE: Vice President approval is required for video and webcasting requests.