This page highlights a variety of noteworthy accomplishments, presentations, and highlights in eLearning at GVSU.
- 2017 - The Technology Showcase was highlighted on the Ultimaker Libraries blog in a post entitled: "Atomic Object Technology Showcase - A spotlight for 3D printing and emerging technologies"
- 2017 - The Technology Showcase was featured in a Blackboard Blog post about the custom Amazon Alexa skill that was created by GVSU Professor, Szymon Machajewski.
- 2017 - Article in Rapid Growth features eLearning Team and Showcase "From Virtual Reality to Online Libraries, How Technology is Revolutionizing Education in GR".
- 2017 - Blackboard Blog Post Highlights "Delivering Great Online Courses via Effective Teaching Strategies".
- 2016 - Matt Roberts, Instructional Designer, IDeL, presented at the Lilly Conference in Traverse City, Michigan on October 20-22, 2016 on the topics: "Ghosts of the Digital Native: Considerations Ethical, Practical, and Instructional"
- 2016 - Justin Melick, Digital Media Developer, presented at the Lilly Conference in Traverse City, Michigan on October 20-22, 2016 with Julia VanderMolen on the use of lightboards in media terminology classes.
- 2016 - Justin Melick, Digital Media Developer, was published in a library journal: Williams, B., Kohrman, R., Melick, J., Beech, V., & Kowalik, E. (In press). One tutorial, two universities: How technology can be adapted to meet the needs of multiple libraries. In Sietz, B. (ed.), Learning from the Past, Building for the Future: Proceedings of the Forty-Fourth Annual LOEX Library Instruction Conference. Ypsilanti: LOEX Press.
- 2016 - Article Featured in Grand Valley Lanthorn about OER "Open Education Resources provide cheaper textbook alternative"
- 2016 - The GVSU eLearning team visited the Digital Media Commons at the University of Michigan.
- 2016 - The Atomic Object Technology Showcase participated in the Grand Rapids Mini Maker Faire.
- 2016 - The Atomic Object Technology Showcase was highlighted on the My College Planning Team Blog.
- 2016 - The Atomic Object Technology Showcase participated in "Making as Learning: A Three Day Workshop" that was sponsored by the University of Michigan.
- 2016 - GVSU faculty members (Cheryl Kautz and Szymon Machajewski) received award for the "Most Inclusive Classrooms in the United States" at the national Blackboard (BbWorld) Conference in Las Vegas, NV. In addition, Cheryl Kautz received a Blackboard Exemplary Course Award for her Internet Media and Programming course.
- 2016 - The GVSU eLearning team was featured in an article entitled: "Ensemble Video’s Dropbox and Blackboard Integration Enhances Online Education at Grand Valley State University"
- 2016 - Justin Melick, Digital Media Developer, participated in a documenting an experience for Padnos College of Engineering and Computing student who designed, built, and delivered solar powered medical devices to Malawi, Africa.
- 2016 - Kim Kenward, Instructional Designer, IDeL, and Justin Melick, Digital Media Developer presented on "Online Student Presentations" for a Penn State Conference.
- 2016 - Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, presented "Serendipitous Learning Potential through Intentionally Designed Learning Spaces" for the Michigan State University Hub for Innovation, Learning, and Technology.
- 2016 - The Atomic Object Technology Showcase participated in the New Media Consortium Horizon Report Video Competition.
- 2016 - GVSU was ranked 6th in the nation for PBS LearningMedia Use.
- 2016 - eLearning resources were highlighted in a Grand Valley Lanthorn article on "Open Education Resources provide Cheaper Textbook Alternative".
- 2016 - Katie Clark, Systems Analyst, presented on at the Blackboard World Developer Conference 2016 – ‘Making it Simple: Automate Blackboard Administration Using SIS Integration".
- 2016 - Katie Clark, Systems Analyst, presented at the April Wester New York Blackboard User Group on "Institutional Hierarchy".
- 2016 - Katie Clark, Systems Analyst, presented on "Institutional Hierarchy and SIS Integration" for the Michigan Blackboard Users Group (miBUG) webinar series.
- 2015 - GVSU participated in the Education Center for Analysis and Research Study on faculty and student use of technology.
- 2015 - Campus Technology Magazine highlighted the Atomic Object Technology Showcase in an article: "Technology Showcase Explores 'Serendipitous Learning Opportunities"
- 2015 - "Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and Enable Active Learning" article in EDUCAUSE Review featured the Technology Showcase.
- 2015 - GVSU hosted the statewide ETOM Fall Conference on online/hybrid teaching and learning. Glenna Decker, Instructional Designer, IDeL, presented on "Applying Principles of Andragogy in Online Teaching".
- 2015 - The Atomic Object Technology Showcase was highlighted in an EDUCAUSE session entitled: "Working with Emerging Technologies to Promote Engaging Learning".
- 2015 - The Atomic Object Technology Showcase went on the road to Indy for the Crowe Horwath Learning Matters Now Conference.
- 2015 - Article Featured in GVNow "Lightboard one of many innovations available to faculty".
- 2015 - Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, presented on a panel entitled: "Enhancing the Strategic Importance of Online Learning" with Navneet Johal from Ovum, Andy Mitkos from Lincoln Land CC, Doug Cohen from SUNY and Stephanie Richter from NIU at BbWorld 2015 in Washington, DC.
- 2015 - WOODTV8 News Segment Highlight "Summer camp brings generations together" about the Technology Showcase at GVSU.
- 2015 - Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, presented a session entitled: "Leveraging Emerging Technologies to Enhance Teaching and to Enable Active Learning", Michigan Library Association Applied Technology and Trends Workshop in Allendale, MI.
- 2014 - GVSU professors Julia VanderMolen and Szymon Machajewski were awarded with Blackboard Exemplary Courses at the national Blackboard (BbWorld) conference in Las Vegas, NV.
- 2014 - An interview of Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, featured an article in EdTech Magazine "Colleges Offer Hands-On Tech Engagement" about the Technology Showcase.
- 2014 - An article featured in University Business Magazine "5 ways to work video into the learning system" about the value of video in Blackboard.
- 2014 - "Radically Student-Center Design and the New Learning Commons". Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, facilitated an online webinar through the EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative with Dean Lee Van Orsdel, Grand Valley State University, ELI 2014 Online Fall Focus Session: Re-Imaging Learning Spaces: Design, Technology, and Assessment, Online.
- 2014 - Michigan Radio Highlight featured Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, and the Technology Showcase in a segment entitled: "GVSU tries to bring new technologies into the classroom"
- 2014 - Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, wrote an article that was featured on the Blackboard Blog: "The Power of Video - Part II"
- 2014 - Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, wrote an article that was featured on the Blackboard Blog: "The Power of Video - Part I"
- 2014 - Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, presented in a session entitled: "Wireless Presentation Systems: Ad hoc and Enterprise Solutions for the Interactive Classroom". in a preconference seminar with Kevin Reeve, Utah State University, EDUCAUSE Conference in Orlando, FL.
- 2014 - Case Study Featured on Swivl.com about how GVSU is leveraging Swivl in education: "How Grand Valley State University made online teacher training a possibility with Swivl"
- 2013 - Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, presented in a session entitled: "Getting Your Faculty to Adopt Learning Management Technology: Lessons from the Front Lines" at EDUCAUSE 2013 in Anaheim, CA.
- 2013 - Eric Kunnen, Associate Director, presented in a session entitled: "Learning Analytics: A Journey to Implementation" at BbWorld 2013 in Las Vegas, NV.
October 10, 2017
October 05, 2017
RECENT BLOG POSTS
October 12, 2017
October 05, 2017
October 23, 2017 12:15 AM - 11:45 PM