Bachelor of Arts or Science in Economics Degrees
As an Economics major, you may earn either a Bachelor of Science (BS) or a Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree. The B.A. degree requires demonstrated third semester proficiency in a foreign language. You must complete 30 hours of economics, including:
- ECO 210 Introductory Macroeconomics
- ECO 211 Introductory Microeconomics
- ECO 312 Applied Microeconomics
- ECO 313 Business Cycles and Growth
- ECO 495 Senior Economic Project
All economics majors are required to take STA 215 Introductory Applied Statistics and STA 216 Intermediate Applied Statistics, as cognate requirements. In addition, for their third cognate course, students can take either PHI 103 Logic, MTH 122 College Algebra, MTH 125 Survey of Calculus, or MTH 201 Calculus I.