Dean of Students
Thomas M. Seykora Award for Outstanding Contribution
Realizing the need to recognize individuals who make outstanding contributions which improve the campus community, the Student Services Division will recognize a variable number of senior students each year for their significant contributions to the University.
1. Candidates must be a senior enrolled Fall and/or Winter Semester.
2. Candidates must be in good academic standing.
3. Candidates must demonstrate a significant contribution to the University through their involvement.
1. Nominations will be solicited from student organizations, student organization advisors, and members of the Student Services Division staff by the Dean of Students during February.
2. The selection committee will comprise of administrative/professional staff members from the Student Services Division and two students of junior status. The Director of Student Life and the Director of Housing will each appoint one of the student committee members.
3. Each nominee will be requested to complete a "Nominee Data Form" describing university involvement and leadership. Information on this form will be considered in the selection process.
4. The selection committee will review the nominations and select a variable number of recipients. These students will be invited to the Annual Awards Celebration held in April. A framed certificate will be presented by the Dean of Students.
Page last modified March 14, 2014