During the 2017-2018 school year the GVSU Charter Schools Office will offer a wide variety of workshops emphasizing literacy instruction, data instruction, technology, science, and many more. These workshops are available to ALL teachers from ALL schools, not just faculty members from GVSU-authorized charter schools. See what we are offering and register today.
Please note that we are going paperless, and will NOT be sending out physical PD brochures.
We offer professional development opportunities on a variety of topics including:
- Technology Tools and Tricks
- Independent Workstations
- Synthetic Phonics
- Google Suite
- English Language Learners (ELL)
- Reading and Math RTI
- Coding in the Classroom
- Science & STEAM
- PD for high schoolers
- Culture and Climate
- Improving Student Writing
Wendy Miller, GVSU CSO reading specialist
What to Expect
- Workshops range from half to full day workshops.
- Registration closes 3 business days prior to workshop.
- State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECH) may be available for select workshops. If they are, it will be listed in the event registration.
- Lunch is provided.
- If substitute instructors are required for GVSU authorized charter schools, substitute costs are reimbursable by the CSO at $25/half day workshop and $50/full day workshop. In order to be reimbursed, please submit an invoice (with proof of payment), within 60 days of the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sessions in West Michigan:
GVSU Charter Schools Office
201 Front Ave. SW, Suite 310
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
For sessions in Detroit:
GVSU Detroit Center
163 Madison St.
Detroit, MI 48226
Cost to Attend
- FREE for GVSU authorized charter schools
- $75 -$150 per person per workshop
If you have questions regarding Professional Development, please contact Erin Abel at email@example.com or (616) 331-9094.