(Most recent News/Highlights in homepage)
- Karasinski, C., & Schmedding-Bartley, J. (2018). Graduate speech-language pathology students' initial self-perceptions of skills critical for interprofessional practice. Journal of Interprofessional Care. DOI: 10.1080/13561820.2017.1325860 (Link)
- Dr. Wil Rankinen, co-authoring with Dr. Aaron Albin, on "Geographic distribution of Finnish vs. Anglicized pronunciations of ‘sauna’ in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula" at the 2018 American Dialect Society in Salt Lake City, UT, January 7th, 2018 (Link | Slides).
- Congratulations to the December 2017 Cohort! Cording Ceremony video: www.gvsu.edu/csd/cordingceremony
- Dr. Dan Halling receives the 2017 Fellowship of the Association Award from ASHA.
- Eising, M., & Karasinski, C. (2017, November). Developmental kindergarten classroom intervention for positional & directional words. Poster presented at the American Speech Language-Hearing Association Annual Convention. Los Angeles, CA.
- Bartley, J., & Karasinski, C. (2017, November). CSD faculty perceptions of interprofessional education. Poster presented at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Annual Convention. Los Angeles, CA.
- Karasinski, C., Ammon, A., Bierer, M., & Smith, M. (2017, November). Relations among microstructure, macrostructure, and 6-traits measures of narrative, expository, & persuasive writing. Seminar presented at the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association Annual Convention. Los Angeles, CA.
- Wyatt Hawkins, Olivia Lawson, TJ Neuhaus and Dr. Wil Rankinen present "Linguistic diversity inside the post-secondary classroom" at GVSU's Teach-in: Power, Privilege and Difficult Dialogues, November 9, 2017 (Slides).
- Dr. Wil Rankinen invited to present on "The U.P. Dialect" at Finlandia University's Festival Ruska, Finnish American Heritage Center, September 27, 2017 (Link | Slides).
- GVSU CSD Department recognized as part of MIPERC receiving the 2017 Interdisciplinary Group Award received by the National Academies of Practice. http://www.asha.org/enews/accessacademics.html
- Dr. Wil Rankinen invited to present results from The Sauna Survey at the Sonderegger XVII Symposium, September 8, 2017 (Link | Slides).
- Dr. Wil Rankinen presents "Linguistic Diversity" at the College of Health Professions Fall Faculty Retreat 2017, August 22, 2017 (Slides).
- Dr. Karasinski and students present at the Symposium on Research in Child Language Disorders in Madison, WI (Bibliography, Abstract and Poster)