College Student Affairs Leadership
2013-2014 Graduate Assistantships
July 29, 2013 through May 23, 2014
- Graduate Assistants work 20 hours per week
- The stipend for Graduate Assistants is $9,000 for a 10-month appointment in non-housing departments.
- For Graduate Assistants in Housing and Residence Life, the stipend is $6,000 for a 10-month appointment plus housing accommodation and meal plan.
- Graduate assistantships include a tuition waiver which covers up to 21 graduate credit hours per year (in-state or out-of-state).
- Parking permit.
At this time all extended contract positions have been filled.
August 19, 2013 - April 26, 2014
- Graduate Assistants work 20 hours per week.
- The stipend for Graduate Assistants is $4,000 per semester
- Tuition credit for up to 18 graduate credits per year
At this time all academic year contract positions have been filled.
Please visit the Graduate Studies website for other graduate assistantship openings:
This is a 20 hour per week position and is open to full-time graduate students in Engineering, Computer Science, Adult & Higher Education and/or College Student Affairs Leadership (CSAL) programs. This assistantship will begin July 29, 2013 and includes a summer appointment to assist with transfer orientation. The annual stipend for this position is $12,000.
This position will hold office hours on the Pew and Allendale Campus. Office space will be provided in both the Kennedy Hall of Engineering and Mackinac Hall. In order to accommodate this arrangement, a laptop will be provided.
Robert Freidhoff, PCEC Advising Center Director, will provide coordination of graduate assistant assignments. This will include orientation activities during the first week and briefing regarding university and unit procedures.
Performance will be assessed through direct observation of the Advising Center Director as well as student feedback regarding the assistantship.
This position will be advertised on the Graduate Studies and Grants Administration website. It is also advertised at the College Student Affairs Leadership website. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
Please send résumé and application materials to:
Robert Freidhoff, Student Services Coordinator
Padnos College of Engineering and Computing
315 Kennedy Hall of Engineering
301 W. Fulton Street
Grand Rapids, MI 49504
Page last modified April 30, 2013