Clinical Research Trial Management
The approval process of new medications and devices is complex. Central to the process is the clinical research trial. Clinical trials are research studies that through testing of human subjects determine the efficacy and safety of new medical treatment, such as drugs or medical devices.
The clinical trial is the last stage in the long process of development of new pharmaceutical products and procedures. This process is highly regulated and comprehensive knowledge of the procedures at every stage is essential for a successful completion. Highly trained professionals working either for pharmaceutical companies, contract research organizations (CRO’s), hospitals and other clinical research study sites across the country are critical for managing the clinical trial.
The Certificate Program in Clinical Research Trials Management provides training for the highly motivated individual and encompasses the entire clinical trials process with the goal to build a clinical research workforce that will meet the growing local, state and national market demand.
GVSU and MSU Online Graduate Certificate
Grand Valley State University (GVSU) and Michigan State University (MSU) have teamed up to help prepare a clinical research workforce ready to meet the growing market need for highly trained professionals by offering a joint online certificate program, the Graduate Certificate in Clinical Research Trials Management (CRTM).
This 12 credit graduate certificate program consists of 4 courses, all taught online, that are jointly designed by Grand Valley State University and Michigan State University. The certificate program is designed for both current clinical research professionals who are seeking to further their careers and students preparing for entry-level to mid-level positions. The program allows students to gain and/or improve knowledge of clinical trials without committing to a master’s degree. However, the courses can be applied toward appropriate master’s degrees.
The CRTM Program
- Facilitates the understanding of the roles and responsibilities of all personnel involved with a clinical research trial.
- Emphasizes data collection and data management
- Familiarizes students with analysis, interpretation, and dissemination of results.
- Teaches a variety of possible research designs.
- Investigates the ethical principles, regulatory codes, and policies in research trials.
- Familiarizes students with the governing agencies and institutions which provide for the protection of human and animal subjects