GVSU-MSU Clinical Research Trials Management Certificate Program
PREREQUISITES FOR ADMISSION
Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning to be considered for the Clinical Research Trials Management Certificate. GRE scores are not required for this certificate.
Please refer to the individual course descriptions for information of additional prerequisites.
1. Apply through GVSU admission office (see below). (Please note that it is not necessary to be admitted to a Master’s degree program at the University in order to be admitted to the certificate program.)
2. Hold an advanced degree or bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 3.0 in the last two years of undergraduate work from an accredited college or university.
3. Submit an official copy of transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
4. Provide 3 Letters of Recommendation.
5. Submit a personal essay describing interest/experience in clinical trials research and career goals.
6. Provide a resume or curriculum vitae.
7. International students must submit evidence of English language proficiency verified by an official TOEFL score report. Minimum scores expected: TOEFL 610 or computer-based TOEFL 253.
ALL GVSU and MSU Students:
GVSU and MSU students must complete the MIGS (Michigan Intercollegiate Graduate Studies) application for enrollment in each partner institute’s courses. MIGS APPLICATION
GVSU students: Forward the completed MIGS application to the program director.
Students who have been admitted to a master’s degree or doctoral program at the University must notify both the Graduate Studies office and the program coordinator if they intend to seek this certificate in addition to the program for which they have been admitted.
|SEMESTER||CLASSES BEGIN||APPLICATION PERIOD*|
|FALL||Late August||Preceding Nov 1- June 30|
|WINTER||January||Preceding July 1- Oct 31|
|SPRING/SUMMER||May||Preceding Nov 1- March 31|
|* Admission is done on a rolling basis. Apply early when possible.|
Submit all application materials to:
Grand Valley State University
1 Campus Drive
Allendale, MI 49401-9403
All courses must be taken for a letter grade. To receive the certificate the student must earn a grade of B or higher in each of the four courses.
All coursework must be completed within four years of registering for the certificate; however, in order to stay up to date in an ever-growing and changing field of study we recommend completing the curriculum in a timely fashion.
The certificate can be completed in one year.
For application information, visit www.gvsu.edu/admissions/graduate.
Page last modified January 15, 2015