Learning Disabilities Endorsement Program
Program Requirements Back to top
Special Education Coursework - Required for LD
candidates who DO NOT hold a special education
EDS 652 Foundations of Special Education (Take first)
EDS 609 Emotional Impairment (Take anytime)
Preteaching Coursework - Required for LD candidates
who DO NOT hold a special education endorsement.
EDS 550 Preteaching and Methods of Teaching Special Education
(Candidates with approved special education experiences may seek a waiver of EDS 550 requirement.)
Elective Coursework - Required for LD candidates who
DO hold a special education endorsement.
Elective (Take anytime with advisor approval)
Learning Disabilities Coursework - Required for ALL LD candidates.
EDS 625 Inclusive Practices (Take anytime)
EDS 627 Instructional Practices: Technology (Take anytime)
EDS 629 Transition Practices (Take anytime)
EDS 636 Diagnostic and Interpretative Procedures (Take before EDS 637)
EDS 637 Explicit Language Instruction (Take before EDS 638)
EDS 638 Instructional Practices: Learning Disabilities II (Take before EDS 640)
EDS 640 Diagnostic-Teaching Clinic (Take before EDS 685 H)
Practicum Coursework - Required for ALL LD
candidates. (Application required*)
EDS 685 H Learning Disabilities (Take last)
*Application deadlines (Practicum/Thesis/Project): February 15 for spring/summer, May 15 for fall, September 15 for winter semester. Application form required. Apply in advance. Advisor approval required.
Candidates adding the LD endorsement must pass the Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (LD) and maintain a 3.0 G.P.A.
Courses Back to top
- EDS 550 - Preteaching and Methods of Teaching Special Education
- EDS 609 - Emotional Impairments
- EDS 625 - Inclusive Practices
- EDS 627 - Instructional Practices: Technology
- EDS 629 - Transition Practices
- EDS 636 - Diagnostic and Interpretative Procedures
- EDS 637 - Explicit Language Instruction
- EDS 638 - Instructional Practices: Learning Disabilities 2
- EDS 640 - Diagnostic-Teaching Clinic
- EDS 652 - Foundations of Special Education
- EDS 685 C - Learning Disabilities