LiveText Assessment System begins Fall 2014
July 29, 2014
As the Fall 2014 semester begins, GVSU’s College of Education has enhanced our programs to use LiveText, an e-Portfolio and assessment system. With LiveText, students now have the ability to create and maintain a professional portfolio that can be shared with employers and is linked to the standards and assessments used throughout our courses. Effective Fall 2014, a LiveText membership will be required for all College of Education students. LiveText memberships can be purchased from the University Bookstore at a discounted rate*. This one-time purchase, which is comparable in price to the cost of a textbook, is valid for up to 5 years from the date of your purchase.
As College of Education students progress through our programs, they will find their LiveText Student Membership: Field Experience Editio n (ISBN: 9780979663567) allows them to work more efficiently, collaborate easily with classmates, and stay organized. Other benefits include:
- Unlimited digital storage
- Use of File Manager in LiveText to store and manage all of your external files in one convenient location – no more costly USB’s or flash drives with LiveText’s unlimited storage. Your work cannot be lost.
- Easy preparation of customized electronic portfolios to share with classmates, instructors, and potential employers but privacy is yours until you wish to share your data with others.
- All-in-one-place portability of work among different classes and across semesters
- 24/7/365 access from any web-enabled browser
- Resources, including a rubric maker, searchable standards, assignment templates, and more.
For our faculty and staff in the College of Education, LiveText provides our programs with detailed data reports that we use for our state and federal accreditation. Our programs are accredited both by the Michigan Department of Education and NCATE (the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education, which is merging into CAEP, the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation). Through course assessments in LiveText, we collect data each semester to show accreditors we are preparing future or current teachers by meeting national standards. LiveText now enables our faculty to collect and analyze course assignments and assessment data more efficiently and provide feedback to students on their assessments.
If you have questions or would like additional information about LiveText, feel free to contact Alex Jacobsson, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
*The expected University Bookstore price of $110.00 (not including sales tax) is valid for Fall 2014 for one copy of LiveText Student Membership: Field Experience Editio n (ISBN: 9780979663567), which currently retails at $126.00. A LiveText membership is valid for up to 5 years from the date of your purchase. If students already have a LiveText account, you do not need to purchase another copy (unless your account has expired).