College of Education
Recommendation for the Michigan Provisional Certificate requires the following:
1. Successful completion of all coursework.
2. GPA of 3.0 in the major, minor and professional requirements.
3. Passing scores on the Michigan Subject Area Tests (MTTC).
4. Completion of CPR (adult/child) instruction and first aid (standard or basic).
5. If your criminal background information has changed since you originally applied for admission to the College of Education, contact the Associate Director of Graduate Programs to confirm the change(s) are on file in the Student Information and Services Center (SISC).
Elementary candidates must pass the Elementary Test; if they also pass subject area tests in their approved major, these will also be added to their certificate. Secondary candidates must pass subject area tests in their major and minor.
To receive the Provisional Certificate applicants will need to apply through the Michigan Department of Education online system. For additional information on how to apply click here.
Page last modified August 13, 2012