COMPASS at Grand Valley State University
COMPASS serves as a roadmap for students who may need assistance with admission into the College of Education. The COE seeks to identify and recruit future educators to become admitted to and graduate from its teacher certification programs.
In COMPASS, students meet monthly to receive:
- Advising and mentoring from COE Faculty and Staff
- Test-taking strategies and skills for the SAT and Michigan Test for Teacher Certification (MTTC) content-area exams
- Mentorship to aid students' paths on becoming teachers through the GVSU College of Education's teacher certification programs.
- Individualized advising and guidance to ensure students are using all of the academic resources available to them and to maximize possibilities.
- Intensive tutoring on specific tests which may be hindering students' goals.