CMS 3.X Help
Site Extras - Protected Files
This site extra allows you to add password protected files to your site.
- Click on “Protected Files” under the Site Extras panel on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click the blue “New Folder” button.
- Type the title of the folder and select who will be able to view the folder. Custom Users creates a new username and password that will allow access. Selected Novell will allow only the specific users you select to view the files. Novell usernames are the prefix before the @gvsu.edu for faculty and the prefix before @mail.gvsu.edu for students.
- To add files to the folder, click the green plus sign next to the folder name.
- Make sure the correct folder you want this file to go into is selected from the drop-down menu. Then type in a title and click “Browse…” to navigate to the file you want to upload. Add a description if you want and then click the blue “Submit” button.
- To go to the login where you can see the files, click the “Preview” link to the right of the page title “Protected Files.” If you want to put a link to this page on your site, copy the URL when it loads and put it into your site content or navigation.
Page last modified June 20, 2012