CMS 3.X Help
Resizing Photos using Adobe Photoshop
- Open up Adobe Photoshop
- Go to the “File” menu and select “Open” from the drop-down.
- Browse to the photo you want to resize and click “Open.”
- Now, go to the “Image” menu and select “Image Size…” from the drop-down.
- You can either resize the picture using pixels or percents. Make sure the drop-down menu next to width and height has the correct selection for what you want and type in the dimensions. If you want Photoshop to constrain the proportions so the photo will not stretch, make sure the “Constrain Proportions” box is checked. Then click “Ok.”
- To save your image, go to the “File” menu and select “Save for Web.”
- The “Save for Web” box will come up and give you options for your save. You can choose what type of file it will be, the quality, and the resolution from the box on the right-hand side of the screen. Once you select the version of the photo you want to save, click “Save.” The reason you want to “Save for Web” is because it will make sure the photo’s file size is smaller so it won’t take up as much room online while still maintaining the quality.
Page last modified April 30, 2010