CMS 3.X Help
Redirect Navigation Item to another site
- On the left hand side of the screen, under administration, click on “Navigation.”
- Click on the blue button that reads, “Add New.”
- In the “Title” section, type what you want the navigation to say, for example “GVSU YouTube.”
- Under “Content,” make sure the drop-down menu reads “Redirect to another website…”
- For the URL, make sure http:// is selected and type in the remaining part of the URL. For example, “www.youtube.com/gvsu”
- “Target” determines where you want the page to open up. If you want the page to open in the same window, have the drop-down read “Open in the current window: ‘_self’” If you want the page to come up in a new window when someone clicks on this navigation item, then select “Open in a new window: ‘_blank’” in the drop-down menu.
- If you want the navigation item to become active or inactive on a specific date, click the checkbox next to your selection and type in the date.
- Once you have done all this, click the blue “Submit” button and you have created your navigation item that will redirect to another site.
Page last modified April 30, 2010