CMS 3.X Help
Creating and Linking to Anchors in Content Items
- On the left hand side of the screen under administration, click on “Content.”
- Choose either the blue “Add New” button or an existing content item. (If you are editing an existing item, click on the pencil icon to the left of the content item you want to edit.)
- Highlight the phrase or word you want the link to jump to, or just place the cursor where you want the link to jump to. Click the anchor button on the editing toolbar. It is in the middle row to the left of the paragraph alignment buttons. It is shaped like a boat anchor.
- Once you click the anchor button, a pop-up window will ask you to name your anchor. Name your anchor and click “Ok.”
- Now, highlight the word or phrase that you want to make a link. After we finish, when someone clicks on this word or phrase, the page will jump to wherever you placed your anchor. Once you have highlighted the word or phrase, choose the link button. It is to the left of the anchor button on the same line. It looks like an earth with a chain link in front of it.
- When you click the link button, a pop-up will show up. Under the “Link Type” drop-down menu, select “Anchor in this page.”
- Then, under the “Select an Anchor by Anchor Name” drop-down, choose the title of the anchor you just created. Once it is selected, click “Ok” at the bottom of the pop-up.
- Your link and anchor have been created! Make sure to save your content page and then view it to make sure the anchor works the way you want to.
Page last modified April 30, 2010