TRAVELING WITH STUDENTS OFF CAMPUS – STEP BY STEP GUIDE FOR RISK REDUCTION
- Review the “Field Education” section of the CLAS Risk Reduction site. Understand the risks of the activity you are considering and know the best ways to manage those risks.
- See our guidance manual Making a Plan for Field Experience Safety
- See our Guide to Field Experience
- Asses risks and plan safety procedures
- Complete the Field Safety Plan
- Review the Transportation section
- If possible, communicate the details of the trip, schedules, risks associated with travel, safety and emergency procedures, and GVSU liability waivers (similar to language in the liability waiver) in the class syllabus. If not in the syllabus provide students with the safety plan and have them sign a the liability waiver.
- Collect students Emergency Contact Information
- Consult the FAQ page
- Complete our Faculty Checklist
Page last modified June 4, 2012