Additional Job Opportunities
*Cardinal Scholars (Allendale, MI)
- Cardinal Scholars is an in-home and online tutoring service that gives exceptional tutors the chance to be matched with local students in need of additional academic support. We connect tutors with students seeking help with college, high school, middle school and elementary material.
- Seeking tutors who meet the following criteria:
- Are fantastic teachers and have experience teaching others.
- Are academically curious and intelligent.
- Attend or have graduated from Grand Valley State University as either an undergraduate, graduate, or professional student.
- The benefits of becoming a tutor with us include:
- Freedom to set your own schedule (no set hourly requirement; we expect you to be taking classes yourself!).
- Competitive compensation ranging from $15 - $35 per hour.
- Get to know great families from the community who will really appreciate your help.
- Interested? Please go here to apply: http://www.cardinalscholars.com/apply.php
*Mead Johnson Nutrition (Zeeland, MI)
- Aerotek Staffing Agency has current and continuous scientific job opportunities with their client, Mean Johnson Nutrition. They would gladly accept the resumes of any interested student or graduate.
- Resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or to email@example.com. Lauren Nigg, on premise recruiter, can also be reached to discuss these positions at 812-429-5586.
*Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE)
The Oak Ridge Institute for Science and Education (ORISE) provides recent graduates with challenging research opportunities that will prepare them for a career in the scientific workforce and give them laboratory knowledge they can use in pursuit of advanced degrees. As a result, recent bachelor’s and master’s degree graduates are in a position to gain invaluable research experience that takes them beyond entry-level understanding.
Pfizer in Kalamazoo is currently looking for summer 2016 student workers in both chemistry and microbiology labs. In order to be eligible, you must:
- Be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and not require immigration sponsorship
- Be at least 18 years of age prior to the scheduled start date
- Be currently enrolled and will have completed at least two years of undergraduate studies by May of 2016 prior to the start of the assignment
- Have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA as of the most recent completed semester
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program for the period of time immediately following the summer program
- Pass a drug screen and background check within 30 days prior to target start date
*Science, Engineering, & Technology Positions with the CIA
The CIA is looking to hire people who possess the scientific, technical, engineering, and math skills to solve our nation’s most challenging problems. All applicants must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview and an extensive background investigation. US citizenship is required.