The GVSU Career Center posts career and internship opportunities for all majors in it's online system LakerJobs. Please check Laker Jobs for the most current postings available.
Additional job postings that may be of particular interest to our Chemistry majors and minors are posted below.
Additional Job Opportunities
*Albermarle Corporation (South Haven, MI)
- Local pharmaceutical manufacturer is seeking a full-time (1-year contract position) LIMS coordinator to be responsible for assisting with implementing the three software components of Lab Information Management System (LIMS), Lab Execution System (electronic notebook) and Chemical Inventory Management System (CIMS) to function together to create a nearly paperless QC laboratory and a data repository/database that is GMP compliant. dent).
- Successful candidate must have analytical chemistry background (education and/or experience), IT experience and/or training along with excellent computer skills, especially with Excel and Databases. Programs. Experience with LIMS, Electronic Lab Notebook software, computer validation concepts, GLP or GMP practices preferred.dent).
- Days and hours will be flexible, depending on the candidate.
*Burdick and Jackson, Quality Control Technician (Muskegon, MI)
- Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in science discipline, chemistry preferred
*Cardinal Scholars (Allendale, MI)
- Cardinal Scholars is an in-home and online tutoring service that gives exceptional tutors the chance to be matched with local students in need of additional academic support. We connect tutors with students seeking help with college, high school, middle school and elementary material.
- Seeking tutors who meet the following criteria:
- Are fantastic teachers and have experience teaching others.
- Are academically curious and intelligent.
- Attend or have graduated from Grand Valley State University as either an undergraduate, graduate, or professional student.
- The benefits of becoming a tutor with us include:
- Freedom to set your own schedule (no set hourly requirement; we expect you to be taking classes yourself!).
- Competitive compensation ranging from $15 - $35 per hour.
- Get to know great families from the community who will really appreciate your help.
- Interested? Please go here to apply: http://www.cardinalscholars.com/apply.php
*Global Green Products (Palos Heights, IL)
- Research Chemist. This is a "green" chemical company with a large reach into the oil and gas industry. For more information, click here.
*Prein & Newhof Environmental Lab (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Lab Technician, Paid Internship: For someone who is still working on their degree. The company is willing to work around a school schedule.
- Lab Technician: Basic Qualifications: Associate's degree in phsycial science or related field, Bachelor's preferred
*Ranir, T&D Laboratory Chemist (Grand Rapids, MI)
- This position is responsible for the laboratory support of research and development of chemistry-related product activities including developmental and competitive product testing, formulation analysis, and test methodologies in a lab setting for the Chemical Formulations group in the Technology and Development Department. The workload is on average 20-24 hours per week, and may increase to up to 40 hours per week (project and timing dependent).
- Shift: 1st shift Part-time 20-24 hrs. during 2014 (with the thought that it will become Full-time 40 hrs. starting January 1, 2015).
- Send Resumes by November 15, 2014 to: