Dalila Kovacs - Recent Research Activity
Dr. Dalila G. Kovacs
GVSU Chemistry Department
National ACS Meeting presentations with GVSU students as coauthors:
1. Jesse Lutz; Kovacs, Dalila Pdn and Run (n=1-6) cluster interaction with small organic molecules: A DFT study. Abstracts of Papers, 231st ACS National Meeting, Atlanta, GA, March 26-30, 2006 (2006), ORGN-108)
2. Luxford, Cynthia.; Bailey, Grant; Kavara, Ajdin; Kovacs, Dalila Aqueous-phase heterogeneous hydrogenolysis of cyclic diols as models of biomass-derived feedstock. Abstracts of Papers, 229th ACS National Meeting, San Diego, CA, March 13-17, 2005 (2005), ORGN-98.
NCUR National Meeting presentation
1. Ajdin Kavara and Dalila Kovacs: Cis- and trans-1,3-cyclohexanediols isomerization under heterogeneous hydrogenolysis conditions
GVSU-Student Scholarship Day presentation 2006:
1. Katherine Cornish: Studies into transfer hydrogenation of ketones using transition metal catalysts
2. Jesse Lutz: Pdn (n=1-6) cluster interaction with small organic molecules: A DFT study.
GVSU-Student Scholarship Day presentation 2005:
1. Cynthia Luxford: 1,2-, 1,3- and 1,4-cyclohexane diols
2. Grant Bailey: Mechanisms of diols cleavage in aqueous heterogeneous catalytic conditions.
3. Michael Schmuker: Cyclohexane diols isomerisation under aqueous heterogeneous catalytic conditions.
4. Cynthia Luxford: Biomass vs. petroleum refineries.
Submitted for presentation at 233rd ACS National Meeting, Chicago, IL, March, 2007:
1. Gretchen Ludeman and Dalila Kovacs Investigation into the Mechanism of 1, 2-Cyclohexanediol Conversion on Metal Catalysts.
2. Tadas Kasputis and Dalila Kovacs 1,3,5-Cyclohexanetriol interaction with metal catalysts in aqueous solutions.
3. Dalila Kovacs Small Pd and Ru clusters interaction with alcohols
Other recent Publication/Presentations
Kovacs, Dalila Toward Understanding Metal-Catalyzed Polyol Hydrogenolysis in Aqueous Media, Abstracts of Papers, 10th Green Chemistry & Engineering National Meeting, Washington, D.C., June 26-30, 2006.
Kovacs, D. Alternative Energy Sources, GVSU, Fall Science Update Seminar, GVSU, November, 2006.
Kovacs, D. Cold War: perspectives from the other side of the Iron Curtain, GVSU, 31st Annual Great Lakes History Conference, GVSU, 2006.
Kovacs, D. What if? Living in the mirror image world, GVSU, Super Science Saturday Open House, GVSU, 2005.
Kovacs, D. Heterogeneous hydrogenolysis of polyols in aqueous conditions University of Michigan, invited talk, 2005.
Kovacs, D. The Name game: how organic chemists name compounds, GVSU, Fall Science Update Seminar, GVSU, November, 2004.
Kovacs, D. Aqueous-Phase Heterogeneous Hydrogenation of cyclic diols as models for biomass-derived feedstock GVSU, Science and CLAS Science & Math Research Colloquium, GVSU, November 2004.
Kovacs, D. Aqueous-Phase hydrogenation of cyclic diols on Pd/C, Andrews University, invited talk, September, 2004.
Kovacs, Dalila G.; Peereboom, Lars; Miller, Dennis J.; Jackson, James E. Metallic surfaces, H2, and water: Understanding heterogeneous hydrogenation reactions in aqueous media. Abstracts of Papers, 227th ACS National Meeting, San Diego, CA, March 13-17, 2004 (2004), ORGN-280.
Kovacs, Dalila G.; Peereboom, Lars; Miller, Dennis J.; Jackson, James E. H/D exchange studies of behavior of 1,2- and 1,3-propanediols under heterogeneous hydrogenation conditions. Abstracts of Papers, 224th ACS National Meeting, Boston, MA, United States, August 18-22, 2002 (2002), ORGN-280. CODEN: 69CZPZ AN 2002:618674 CAPLUS
Jere, Frank T.; Kovacs, Dalila G.; Peereboom, Lars; Zhang, Zhigang; Jackson, James E.; Miller, Dennis J. Aqueous-phase hydrogenation of fermentation-derived organic acids. Abstracts of Papers, 223rd ACS National Meeting, Orlando, FL, United States, April 7-11, 2002 (2002), IEC-281. CODEN: 69CKQP AN 2002:189554 CAPLUS
Kovacs, Dalila G.; Peereboom, Lars; Miller, Dennis J.; Jackson, James E. Catalytic hydrogenation of lactic acid: A mechanistic study. Abstracts of Papers - American Chemical Society (2001), 221st, ORGN-340 CODEN: ACSRAL; ISSN: 0065-7727; English
Page last modified May 12, 2011