Transfer Student Orientation & Registration
Transfer Student Orientation & Registration Session
Upon admission to GVSU you will receive information about scheduling a Transfer Student Orientation & Registration. After scheduling this appointment, you will receive detailed information from the CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center on location, parking and how to best prepare for your session.
If you have already scheduled your session please view the information below in order to prepare for your orientation session.
Welcome to Your Transfer Orientation Session!
Thank you for making a reservation for your incoming transfer student advising/registration session! Please refer to the information below regarding our location, parking information and how to best prepare:
Parking and Directions
Your orientation session is scheduled with the College of Community & Public Service Undergraduate Advising Center (map and parking details) on the Pew/Grand Rapids campus. You will need to print the parking permit provided in the admission's confirmation email and display it in your windshield when you enter the parking lot (see map). If you no longer have that email, please contact the Admissions Office at 616-331-2025 or 800-748-0246 to request a replacement.
What to bring with you
- Unofficial Transcripts - it’s very important that you bring an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) with you including any course work that is currently in progress. This way we can be sure you do not register for any duplicate work at GVSU. You will be required to follow up with an official transcript for the credits to be added to your GVSU record.
How to Prepare
- Please prepare for your session to ensure that you will gain the most from it and leave with your questions answered. Although we provide you course recommendations, we still recommend you review the following information:
What to expect
- Meeting with an Academic Advisor - The orientation/registration will take place in a group setting and will be led by a team of experienced Academic Advisors. We will review your transfer work, provide information regarding your academic requirements, and determine an appropriate schedule for the upcoming year. There will also be plenty of opportunity for you to ask questions!
- Review University & Major Information – You will receive important information on how to make a successful transition to GVSU.
- Registration – You will register for all active semesters at the time of your appointment. Sessions take an average of 2 – 3 hours to complete.
- Guests - Because orientation sessions are held in small conference rooms and/or computer labs, we will have limited seating available in your session. Guests will be asked to explore the Pew campus while you are completing your advising/registration session.
If you need to reschedule your orientation date, please call the admissions office at 616-331-2025 or 800-748-0246. We look forward to seeing you soon!
GVSU General Education Program
Learn what the General Education Program can do for you!
Logging into myBanner
Viewing the Course Schedule
Adding a Course
Dropping a Course