Social Work Course Registration Instructions
Students who will be eligible for candidacy in Fall 2017, will need to register concurrently for the following courses for the first year of the Social Work program:
Fall 2017 Winter 2018
SW 317 SW 316
SW 319 SW 318
SW 340 SW 341
Students who are going into their second year of the BSW program, will need to register concurrently for the following courses:
Fall 2017 Winter 2018
SW 430* SW 491
SW 490 SW 493
SW 492 SW 495
*SW430 is also available in Spring/Summer
IMPORTANT: The online registration system will NOT allow you to register for classes one at a time. You MUST follow these instructions in order to enroll in the program courses.
In order to avoid an error message while registering for the above courses, you must do the following:
- Log in to your myBanner Account with G-Number and password
- Click on “Student”
- Click on “Registration”
- Click on “Search for Classes”
- From the drop-down box, select “Fall 2017” (you will repeat this process for Winter 2018)
- Click on “Submit”
- Click on “Advanced Search”
- In the subject box, click on “Social Work”
- DO NOT enter a course number or select any other search attribute then scroll to the bottom of the page and click on “Section Search” at the bottom of the page.
This will bring up all SW classes available in Fall 2017. Identify which Social Work courses you are to register for this semester and select one section of each course you are supposed to register for (to select a course, click on the box on the left side of your screen.
- If you see a C, that course is Closed and unavailable for registration.
- If you see NR, you are not able to register for courses at this time - check your registration holds as it may not yet be your day to register. Try again on your registration day.
- If you see SR, you are in the wrong semester. Check the "term" you are searching and try again.
YOU MUST HAVE ALL COURSES SELECTED BEFORE YOU CLICK ON REGISTER.
If you attempt to add one course at time you will receive an error message indicating "Co-Requisite Not Met". If you receive this error you have not selected all required sections. Go back to search results screen and try again.
Repeat Process for Winter 2018.
Please review your schedule after registering to ensure you are enrolled correctly for all of these courses in each semester!