School of Social Work - Pre-Candidacy Review No Missing Requirements
As the application window for Fall 2016 admission into the Bachelor of Social Work program approaches and based on the fact that you are a declared Social Work major who has earned more than 25 credits, the CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center has reviewed your academic record through Winter 2016. From this review, it appears that you are not missing any of the admission requirements necessary to start the Bachelor of Social Work program in Fall 2016. Please note that this is a general review, intended to assist you as you prepare for the application process and not a formal indication to your eligibility.
For this to remain true, you must continue to meet the following conditions through Winter 2016:
1) successfully complete your current in-progress coursework (including minimum grades if applicable);
2) maintain a 2.500 minimum cumulative GPA;
3) and make no changes to your Winter 2016 schedule that may impact your eligibility.
Do Note: Although PSY 303, PSY 360 or SOC 360, and SOC 382 or SW 300 are not required prior to admission into the BSW program, they MUST be completed prior to Fall 2017.
If you have concerns about any of the conditions above, would like to change your courses for Winter 2016, or after grades are finalized these conditions are no longer met, you are strongly encouraged to connect with an advisor within the CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center by calling 616-331-6890 or emailing email@example.com.
NOTE: EFFECTIVE FOR FALL 2016, THE BSW APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS CHANGED: Applications for the School of Social Work’s BSW Program will be made available at www.gvsu.edu/ssw by January 22nd and will be due February 12th.
- Click here to view the complete candidacy requirement checklist .
- To view your myPath degree audit report available in myBanner to see your coursework. For instructions on how to access your myPath, click here.
- To schedule an advising appointment, please visit http://www.gvsu.edu/ccpsadvising/schedule or call 616-331-6890.