School of Social Work - Pre-Candidacy Review Missing Requirements
As the application window for Fall 2016 admission into the Bachelor of Social Work program approaches and based on the fact that you are a declared Social Work major who has earned more than 25 credits, the CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center has reviewed your academic record through Winter 2016. From this review, it appears that you are missing one or more of the admission requirements necessary to start the Bachelor of Social Work program in Fall 2016. If you were considering applying for entry to the program in Fall 2016 please review the information below very carefully.
- I think I already have a plan that incorporates these requirements into my Winter 2016 or Spring/Summer 2016 semesters. That’s great – but just in case, please review it and make sure that all of the candidacy requirements are included in that plan. If so, continue to follow that plan, and feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. If not, we strongly recommend you follow up with an academic advisor within the CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center by December 18th to ensure that you have adequate time to adjust your current schedule if necessary before Winter 2016 begins.
- I do not have an up-to-date academic plan that incorporates these admission criteria, then you should plan to meet with an academic advisor within the CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center by December 18th to ensure that you have adequate time to adjust your current schedule if necessary before Winter 2016 begins.
To schedule an appointment with an advisor within the CCPS Undergraduate Advising Center, please visit www.gvsu.edu/ccpsadvising/schedule or call 616.331.6890. Please note that this is a general review, intended to assist you as you prepare for the application process and not a formal indication to your eligibility.
NOTE: EFFECTIVE FOR FALL 2016, THE BSW APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS CHANGED: Applications for the School of Social Work’s BSW Program will be made available at www.gvsu.edu/ssw by January 22nd and will be due February 12th.
- Click here to view the complete candidacy requirement checklist .
- To view your myPath degree audit report available in myBanner to see your coursework. For instructions on how to access your myPath, click here.
- To schedule an advising appointment, please visit http://www.gvsu.edu/ccpsadvising/schedule or call 616-331-6890.