College of Community & Public Service Advising Center
Override Request Forms
Requests for 2013-2014 can be submitted after March 1, 2013.
Please use the appropriate form below based on the department offering the course. Only the department offering the course can approve an override request. This process is specifically for undergraduate students. Graduate student should contact the department directly to discuss the process that should be followed.
How to submit a pre-requisite override request:
1. Click on the appropriate link below to open the pre-requisite override request form for the department offering the course you wish to register for.
2. Complete all requested information, including the student contact information, course you are requesting, pre-requisites which are holding up your registration and checking the appropriate reason code as indicated on the form. Incomplete requests will be rejected and you will need to resubmit your request.
3. Using the buttons found on the bottom of the form, there are two ways to submit the form depending on your needs:
- Save & Email - if you use a web based mail client (gvsu student email, hotmail, gmail, etc) you may save the completed form to somewhere on your computer or network drive by clicking on this button. Remember where you save the file so you can access it again. You must then open your mail client and attach the saved PDF form to a mesage addressed to the unit head of the department using the contact information below.
- Print - complete the form and then print a copy to submit to the unit head of the department using the contact information below. This option is not the preferred method, but will be accepted.
4. The request will be reviewed and you will receive a decision via email from the reviewer within 1-2 business days. If you do not receive a response, there may have been an error during the submission process. Either send an inquiry email to the appropriate person or resubmit your request.
5. If the request is approved, you are not automatically registered for the course. You are responsible for logging into MyBanner and adding the course to your schedule. Remember to follow up once you receive the decision.
TO USE THE ONLINE REQUEST PROCESS YOU MUST HAVE ADOBE READER 8.1 OR LATER. IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE IT MAY OPEN BUT WILL NOT SEND PROPERLY. PLEASE UPDATE YOUR SOFTWARE FOR FREE BY USING THE LINK BELOW PRIOR TO COMPLETING THE REQUEST PROCESS.
Hospitality & Tourism Management
Attn: Dr. Paul Stansbie
School of Criminal Justice
*For CJ490 Internship Permission. Include the CRN number in your request to indicate the number of credits you wish to enroll for.
*For LS490 Internship Permission. Please direct your form to Patricia Bravender at email@example.com
Page last modified March 6, 2013