College of Community & Public Service Advising Center
Override Request Form
Requests for 2014-2015 may be submitted now!
THIS FORM CAN ONLY BE USED FOR CCPS COURSES!
CJ, HTM, LS, PA, SW
Please use the online form below to submit your request for entrance to a course offered by a unit in the College of Community & Public Service.
- Only the department offering the course can approve an override request. Requests for courses outside of the College of Community and Public Service need to be directed to that unit and CANNOT use this form. Requests for other departments made using this form will be denied with no explanation.
- This process is specifically for undergraduate students. Graduate student should contact the department directly to discuss the process that should be followed.
How to submit a pre-requisite override request:
1. Click on the link below to open the pre-requisite override request form
2. Complete all requested information, including the student contact information, course you are requesting, pre-requisites which are holding up your registration and checking the appropriate reason code as indicated on the form. Incomplete requests will be rejected and you will need to resubmit your request.
3. The request will be reviewed and you will receive a decision via email from the reviewer within 1-2 business days. If you do not receive a response, there may have been an error during the submission process. Either send an inquiry email to the appropriate person (contacts below) or resubmit your request.
4. If the request is approved, you are not automatically registered for the course. You are responsible for logging into MyBanner and adding the course to your schedule. Remember to follow up with course registration if appropriate once you receive the decision.
Departmental Contacts for Reviewing Requests:
Hospitality & Tourism Management
Attn: Dr. Paul Stansbie
School of Criminal Justice
Attn: Dr. Kathleen Bailey
*For CJ490 Internship Permission. Include the CRN number of the section in your request to indicate the number of credits you wish to enroll for.
School of Public, Nonprofit
Attn: Quincy Williams
School of Social Work
Attn: Dr. Scott Berlin
Page last modified April 10, 2014