College of Community & Public Service Advising Center
April 1, 2014
Police Officer Recruiting Information Sessions - Dallas and Waukesha
April 1, 2014
Thinking about graduate school? Open House for SPNHA
March 27, 2014
Full Time Security Officer Positions - Amway Grand Plaza Hotel
March 20, 2014
HTM480 - Current Issues and Trends in Hospitality - New Course W15
March 11, 2014
Need a 1 credit Elective? Check out IDS180 options
- See all news items
Community Leadership Scholarship - Due April 1st
Date: March 7, 2013
Community Leadership Scholarship
Grand Valley State University
Leadership for community and economic development results from education, experience and a commitment to work toward a vision. The Community Leadership Scholarship seeks to support and honor Grand Valley State University students who have demonstrated their willingness to combine community service with the pursuit of their professional vocations through a one-time scholarship. The amount of this award will vary between $1,500 and $2,500 based on the quality of the applicants and the earnings on the fund. The award supports those students who pursue entrepreneurism to improve quality of life. This scholarship benefits students who major in any field, with a preference for those who major in business or public and nonprofit administration. The scholarship was established by the founding members of the Grand Valley University Foundation Leadership Committee, who seek to advance new generations of business leaders and community philanthropists.
1. Recipients must be entering their junior or senior undergraduate year at Grand Valley State University.
2. Candidates must give evidence of significant community service performed while a college student at Grand Valley State University and give expression to their desire to be engaged in community service throughout their lives, either through their professions or as volunteers, board members and so forth.
3. Recipients must be enrolled with full-time status as a degree-seeking student at Grand Valley State University.
4. Candidates shall be making satisfactory academic progress according to the norms established by the University.
5. Demonstration of financial need is not required.
Application Procedures: Please complete the Application Form and return this form, a copy of your resume and letters of recommendation to Mr. Quincy Williams, Director, Nonprofit Leadership Alliance, 224C DeVos Center, Grand Valley State University, Grand Rapids, MI, 49504, no later than April 1, 2013.