College of Community & Public Service Advising Center
February 28, 2014
Advanced Registration Begins March 18th - Emails Sent to all CCPS Students
February 28, 2014
Advisor Hold Process - Emails Sent to Impacted CCPS Students
February 28, 2014
SSW Candidacy Review - Emails Sent to SW Majors
February 20, 2014
New Course Announced
January 28, 2014
Office is closed 1/28/14 due to extreme weather
- See all news items
Advanced Registration is Coming....Are You Ready?
Date: January 23, 2013
It’s that time of year again! Advanced Registration for the next academic year (including Spring/Summer 2013, Fall 2013 and Winter 2014) begins on March 18, 2013. Preparing for the advanced registration period is the key to securing a schedule that best meets your needs and interests. If you are planning to enroll for the upcoming year, here’s the best process. Please review this information CAREFULLY as it contains all of the information you need to have a stress-free registration period. We know it’s long, but it’s worth your time to read it all!
If you would like to review your remaining requirements or set up an academic plan with an academic advisor in the College of Community & Public Service Advising Center, we encourage you to set up an appointment for as soon as possible. We will schedule appointments on a first available basis through the advanced registration period. Don’t delay or you may not get an appointment prior to your registration day.
Ready to make an appointment? Please call 616-331-6890 to schedule an available time that works for you or stop into our main office located in 218C DeVos Center on the Pew Campus. We do NOT schedule appointments via email.
1. Take the time during the next two months to review your myPath degree audit and review your remaining requirements and prepare for registration. myPath reports are accessible through myBanner. You can find step-by-step instructions for how to generate one here: http://www.gvsu.edu/ccpsadvising/ru-ready-how-to-print-a-mypath-degree-progress-report-57.htm
2. Create a list of the necessary requirements that you are interested in taking during the upcoming year. Review the catalog for pre-requisites to make sure you are taking courses in the correct order or compare them to your academic plan you have created with an academic advisor. You can read more about the pre-requisite policy here: http://www.gvsu.edu/ccpsadvising/override-request-process-42.htm and here is a link to the online catalog: http://catalog.gvsu.edu.
3. Beginning March 1, 2013 - Check the schedule in myBanner to view available sections to help you create your planned schedule for the upcoming year. Be sure to have alternate sections selected in case your first option is closed before your day to register. Write down the CRN numbers for the sections you would like to add so you can quickly add your sections on the “Add/Drop” screen in a single click by entering all of the CRN numbers in the blank boxes at the bottom. Though you may be able to view the schedule earlier, it's not official until March 1, 2013.
4. You can review our website for important registration information and common issues/questions that students have to find answers for your situation. http://www.gvsu.edu/ccpsadvising/registration-information-41.htm
5. Mark your calendar! Register for your courses for all the semesters you intend to enroll for the upcoming year as close to your date to register as possible. This way you have the best availability of options and can reserve your seat in all of the courses you intend to take for the entire year. The registration schedule is based on your class standing (including in progress credits for this semester) and your last name. You can find the registration schedule here: http://www.gvsu.edu/schedule/registration-schedule-for-2013-2014-75.htm